Novidat Tablet 250mg Uses side effects In Urdu
Qualitative and Quantitative Composition
Novidat Tablets, each film-coated tablet contains ciprofloxacin Tablet(as hydrochloride USP 250mg.
Novidat Tablets, each film-coated tablet contains ciprofloxacin Tablet (as hydrochloride)USP 500mg)
Novidat tablet 250mg uses in patients who have no alternative treatment options for the following indications:
- Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- – Acute sinusitis
- Indications: Adults:
- Lower RTI’s due to Gram-negative bacteria (exacerbations of COPD, broncho-pulmonary infections in cystic fibrosis or in bronchiectasis, pneumonia),
- chronic suppurative otitis media,
- acute exacerbation of chronic sinusitis especially if these are caused by Gram-negative bacteria,
- urinary tract infections,
- Genital tract infections (gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis due to susceptible Neisseria gonorrhoeae, epididymal-orchitis including cases due to susceptible Neisseria gonorrhoeae,
- pelvic inflammatory disease including cases due to susceptible Neisseria gonorrhoeae),
- infections of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. travelers’ diarrhea),
- intra-abdominal infections,
- infections of the skin and soft tissue caused by Gram-negative bacteria,
- malignant external otitis, infections of the bones and joints,
- prophylaxis of invasive infections due to Neisseria meningitis.
- Ciprofloxacin may be used in the management of neutropenic patients with fever that is suspected to be due to a bacterial infection.
- Children and adolescents: Broncho-pulmonary infections in cystic fibrosis caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, complicated urinary tract infections, and pyelonephritis.
- Ciprofloxacin may also be used to treat severe infections in children and adolescents when this is considered to be necessary.
- Inhalation anthrax (post-exposure) in adults and in children.
- Treatment should be initiated only by physicians who are experienced in the treatment of cystic fibrosis and/or severe infections in children and adolescents.
Novidat tablets 250mg WARNING: SERIOUS ADVERSE REACTIONS INCLUDING
- TENDON RUPTURE,
- PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY,
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM EFFECTS
- AND EXACERBATION OF MYASTHENIA GRAVIS
- Novidat tablet Fluoroquinolones, including ciprofloxacin,
- have been associated with disabling and potentially
- irreversible serious adverse reactions that have occurred together, including:
- – Tendinitis and tendon rupture
- – Peripheral Neuropathy
- – Central nervous system effects
Discontinue ciprofloxacin immediately and avoid the use of Fluoroquinolones, including
ciprofloxacin Tablet in patients who experience any of these serious adverse reactions.
Fluoroquinolones, including ciprofloxacin, may exacerbate muscle weakness in patients with myasthenia gravis. Avoid ciprofloxacin in patients with a known history of myasthenia gravis.
FAs fluoroquinolones, including ciprofloxacin Tablet, have been associated with serious adverse reactions,
Novidat tablet 250mg Ciprofloxacin Tablet Dose
- Tablets are to be swallowed unchewed with fluid.
- They can be taken independently of mealtimes.
- If taken on an empty stomach, the active substance is absorbed more rapidly.
- Ciprofloxacin tablets should not be taken with dairy
- products (e.g. milk, yogurt) or mineral-fortified fruit-juice (e.g. calcium-fortified orange juice).
- The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the illness and on the clinical and bacteriological course.
- Treatment of infections due to certain bacteria (e.g. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter, or Staphylococci)
- may require higher ciprofloxacin doses and co-administration with other appropriate antibacterial agents. Route of Administration: For oral administration.
Novidat tablet 250mg ciprofloxacin Tablet Interactions
- Drugs are known to prolong QT interval: Ciprofloxacin, like other fluoroquinolones,
- Chelation Complex Formation:
- The simultaneous administration of ciprofloxacin (oral) and multivalent cation-containing drugs and mineral supplements (e.g. calcium, magnesium, aluminum, iron), polymeric phosphate binders (e.g. sevelamer or lanthanum carbonate), sucralfate or antacids, and highly buffered drugs (e.g. didanosine tablets) containing magnesium, aluminum, or calcium reduces the absorption of ciprofloxacin.
Ciprofloxacin Novidat tablet 250mg Interaction
- ciprofloxacin should be administered either 1-2 hours
- before or at least 4 hours after these preparations.
- The restriction does not apply to antacids belonging to the
- class of H2 receptor blockers.
- Food and Dairy Products: Dietary calcium as part of a meal does not significantly affect absorption.
- However, the concurrent administration of dairy products
- or mineral-fortified drinks alone (e.g. milk, yogurt,
- calcium-fortified orange juice) with ciprofloxacin should
- be avoided because of the absorption of ciprofloxacin may be reduced.
- Other Drugs interactions with Probenecid, Metoclopramide,
- Omeprazole, Tizanidine, Methotrexate, Theophylline, Other
- xanthine derivatives, Phenytoin, Vitamin K antagonists,
- Cyclosporin, Duloxetine, Ropinirole, Lidocaine, Clozapine,
- Sildenafil, Agomelatine, and Zolpidem.
- Pregnancy and Lactation:
- As a precautionary measure, it is preferable to avoid the
- use of ciprofloxacin during pregnancy.
- Ciprofloxacin does not use in Breastfeeding.
- Ability to perform tasks that require judgment, motor or
- cognitive skills
Due to its neurological effects, ciprofloxacin may affect
- reaction time. Thus, the ability to drive or to operate
- machinery may be impaired.
Novidat tablet 250mg Side effects
- Uncommon Side effects:
- mycotic superinfections Blood and Lymphatic System Disorders:
- Uncommon: eosinophilia ;
- Rare: leukopenia,
- Very Rare:
- Hemolytic anemia,
- pancytopenia (life-threatening),
- bone marrow depression (life-threatening).
- Immune System Disorders:
- Rare: allergic reaction,
- allergic edema/ angiooedema;
- Very rare:
- anaphylactic reaction, anaphylactic shock (life-threatening),
- serum sickness-like reaction Metabolism and nutrition disorders:
- Uncommon: decreased appetite ;
- Rare: hyperglycemia,
- Uncommon: psychomotor hyperactivity / agitation ;
- Rare: confusion and disorientation,
- anxiety reaction,
- abnormal dreams,
- depression (potentially culminating in suicidal ideations/thoughts
- or suicide attempts and completed suicide), hallucinations ;
Novidat Tablet 250mg Overdosage: Symptoms in overdose consist of
- Overdose of Novidat
- abdominal discomfort,
- renal and hepatic impairment as well as crystalluria and haematuria.
Novidat Tablet Price in Pakistan
Novidat Tablet Price in Pakistan In Pakistan is 285 rupees 10 tablet 500mg.