No-Spa Tablets Forte 80mg 20’s Uses Side Effects Dose Contraindication Price In Pakistan
NO-SPA FORTE Contains 80mg of drotaverine hydrochloride.
Table of Contents
No-Spa Tablets Forte 80mg 20’s Uses (INDICATIONS)
Smooth muscle spasms connected with diseases of biliary origin, cholecystolithiasis
Smooth muscle spasm of the urinary tract: Nephrolithiasis, Ureterolithiasis, Pyelitis.
Cystitis, vesical tenesmus.
Smooth muscle spasms of gastrointestinal origin: gastric and duodenal ulcer, gastric enteritis, colitis and pylorus spasm, irritable colon syndrome, spastic constipation, or gas syndrome, pancreatitis. Headaches of vascular origin. In gynecological diseases: dysmenorrhoea, adnexitis.
Smooth muscle spasms connected with diseases of biliary origin
cholecystolithiasis, cholangiolithiasis, cholecystitis,
pericholecystic, cholangitis papillote.
Smooth muscle spasms of the urinary tract:
nephrolithiasis, ureterolithiasis, pyelitis, cystitis, cramps of the urinary bladder.
In smooth muscle spasms of gastrointestinal origin: gastric and duodenal ulcer, gastritis, cardiac and pylorus spasm, enteritis, and colitis.
In Gynecological diseases: dysmenorrhoea.
NO-SPA Forte Tablets Dosage and administration
Children between 1 and 6 years: The usual daily dose is 40-120mg (in 2-3 divided doses).
Children over 6 years: a daily dose is 80-200mg (in 2-5 divided doses).
Adults: The usual daily dose is a 120-240mg daily (in 2-3 divided doses).
Adults: The usual daily dose is 40-240mg (in 1-3 parts) I.M.
In acute stone colic(renal and/or biliary) 40-80mg I.V.
Children: The use of Drotaverine in children has not been evaluated in clinical studies.
No-Spa Tablets Forte 80mg 20’s Contraindications
– Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or to any of the excipients (such as soy lecithin)
– Severe renal or hepatic failure
– Severe cardiac insufficiency (low output syndrome)
– Children under 1- year old.
* In case of hypotension the administration of this drug needs increased caution.
Due to the presence of lactose, patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactose intolerance, or glucose-galactose malabsorption shouldn’t take this medicine
* Use of drotaverine in Children has not been evaluated in clinical studies.
* In case of hypotension the administration of this drug needs increased caution. When administered by IV rote, the patient should be strictly in recumbent position due to the risk of collapse.
* This product contains disulfites, which can cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and bronchospasm in susceptible people, especially those with a history of asthma or allergy.
* In case of Hypersensitivity to sodium disulfites parenteral administration of the drug should be avoided (see Contraindications).
* Caution should be exerted when administering injection drotaverine in pregnant women (see pregnancy).
NO-SPA Forte Tablets Interactions:
Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like papaverine decrease the antiparkinsonian effect of levodopa. When drotaverine is run alongside levodopa, rigidity and tremor may, therefore, become aggravated. A limited amount of knowledge on pregnant patients is out there. Animal studies don’t indicate direct or indirect harmful effects with reference to pregnancy and embryonal/fetal development. Nevertheless, caution should be taken when prescribing to pregnant women.NO-SPA injection shouldn’t be used during labor.
Lactation: The excretion of drotaverine in milk has not been studied in animals. Therefore, it’s administration during breastfeeding Is not recommended.
Driving a vehicle or performing other hazardous tasks: Patients should be instructed that if they experience vertigo, they should avoid potentially hazardous tasks such as driving or operating machines.
NO-SPA Forte Tablets Adverse Reaction:
The following CIOMS frequency rating is used, when applicable: very common >10% common >1 and <10%; uncommon >0.1and <1% Rare >0.01 and < 0.1% very rare <0.01% Not Known (cannot be estimated from available data).
Rare: palpitations. Hypotension.
Nervous system disorders
Rare: headache. Vertigo, insomnia.
Rare: nausea, constipation.
Immune system disorders
Rare: allergic (angioedema, urticaria, rash, pruritus) (see section Contraindications) Not Known: fatal and non-fatal anaphylactic shock have been reported in patients treated with the injectable form.
General disorders and administration site conditions
Injection site reaction (for injectable form only).
NO-SPA Forte Tablets Overdosage
Signs and symptoms: Drotaverine overdose has been associated with heart rhythm and conduction disorders including complete bundle branch block and cardiac arrest, which may be fatal.
- Case of drotaverine, the patient should be closely monitored, and managed by symptomatic and supportive care.
NO-SPA FORTE Price in Pakistan
NO-SPA FORTE Price in Pakistan is 300 rupees.