Izato Syrup Uses Side-effect Dose in Urdu
Izato syrup is a synthetic antiprotozoal agent for oral administration. Nitazoxanide is 2-acetyloxy-N (5-nitro-2-thiazoly) benzamide. The molecular formula is C12HgN3O5S and the molecular weight is 307.3. The structural formula is:
Izato Syrup 100mg/5ml suspension
Each 5ml of reconstituted suspension contains:
IZATO Syrup Uses :
Diarrhea caused by giardia lamblia
IZATO SYRUP oral suspension (patients 1 year of age and older) and nitazoxanide tablets (patients 12 years and older)are indicated for the treatment of diarrhea caused by giardia lamblia
Diarrhea caused by cryptosporidium parvum
Nitazoxanide for oral suspension is indicated for patients 1 through 11 years of age the treatment of diarrhea caused by cryptosporidium parvum
Izato Syrup Dose
As directed by the physician.
IZATO Syrup Side-effects
Adverse events reported with nitazoxanide tablets in less than 1% of the patient’s age 12 years and older are listed below:
* Body as a whole: Asthenia, fever, pain, allergic reactions, pelvic pain, back pain, chills, chills and fever, flu syndrome.
* NERVOUS system: Dizziness, somnolence, insomnia, tremor, hypesthesia.
* Digestive system: Vomiting, dyspepsia, anorexia, flatulence, constipation, dry mouth, thirst.
* Urogenital system: Discolored urine, dysuria, amenorrhea, menorrhagia, kidney pain, edema of labia.
* Metabolic & Nutrition: increased SGPT
* Hemic & Lymphatic systems: Anemia, leukocytosis
* Skin: Rash, pruritus.
* Special Senses: Eye discoloration, earache.
* Respiratory system: Epistaxis, lung disease, pharyngitis.
* Cardiovascular system: Tachycardia, syncope, hypertension.
* Muscular system: Myalgia, leg cramps, spontaneous bone fracture.
Adverse events reported with nitazoxanide suspension in less than 1% of the pediatric patients are listed below:
* Digestive system: Nausea, anorexia, flatulence, increased appetite, enlarged salivary glands.
* Body as a whole: Fever, infection, malaise.
* Metabolic & Nutrition: Increased creatinine, Increased SGPT.
Izato Syrup CONTRAINDICATIONS:
Izato Syrup oral suspension is contraindicated in patients with a prior hypersensitivity to nitazoxanide or any other ingredient in the formulation
General: The pharmacokinetics of nitazoxanide in patients with compromised renal or hepatic function have not been studied. Therefore, nitazoxanide must be administered with caution to patients with hepatic and biliary disease, to patients with renal disease, and to patients with combined renal and hepatic disease.
PREGNANCY- CATEGORY (B) :
There are no adequate and well-controlled studies on pregnant women. Therefore, nitazoxanide should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.
It is not known whether nitazoxanide is excreted in humans milk, because many drugs are excreted in humans milk, caution should be exercised when nitazoxanide is administered to a nursing woman.
IZATO Syrup is highly bound to plasma protein (>99.9%). Therefore, caution should be used when administering nitazoxanide concurrently with other high plasma protein-bound drugs with narrow therapeutic indices, as competition for building sites may occur ( e.g warfarin). In vitro metabolism, studies have demonstrated that nitazoxanide has no significant inhibitory effect on cytochrome P450 enzymes. Although no drug-drug interaction studies have been conducted in vivo, it is expected that no significant interactions would occur when nitazoxanide is co-administered with drugs that either are metabolized by or inhibit cytochrome P450 enzymes.
IZATO Syrup Information on nitazoxanide overdosage is not available. In acute studies in rodents and dogs, the oral LD50 was higher than 10,000 mg/kg, single oral doses of up to 4000mg nitazoxanide have been administered to healthy adult volunteers without significant adverse effects. In the event of overdose, gastric lavage may be appropriate soon after oral administration. Patients should be carefully observed and given symptomatic and supportive treatment.